I am an associate professor with professional experience in both K-12 and higher education. My educational background is in health and human performance with significant experience in educational technology and instructional design.
I currently serve as the department chair for the Philosophical Foundations and Technology Department which houses several service courses, 5 technical education programs, and 3 minors.
During my tenure as department chair , I:
- created a minor in educational technology
- created a minor in instructional design
- assisted in the creation of a minor in ELL
- revised 5 technical education programs in the following areas: early instructor, instructional design, military instructor, post-secondary instructor and secondary instructor
- organize and host the new student orientation for the college of education each semester
- organized and hosted a technology conference offering multiple sessions with over 200 attendees
- served on the NCATE editorial board
- assisted in state department program revisions
As an instructor in the college of education, pre-service teachers are primarily the students enrolled in my courses. I currently teach the following courses - and enjoy every minutes of it -
- ED 305 Technology & Media for Educators
- ED 307 Teaching Strategies for the Digital Age
- ED 407 Emerging Instructional Technologies
- ED 410/411 Technology Curriculum Integration for Elementary Students/Secondary & Adult Learners